Introductions: Frances Lu

Hey y’all! My name is Frances Lu, and I’m the head of the Grants Subteam for the Sierra Leone Project. A little bit about me: I’m a rising sophomore in BSE and just declared Operations Research and Financial Engineering. As the math nerd who always loved statistics, this seemed to just about fit. Coming from the beach town of Wilmington, North Carolina, you’ll find me taking photos, swimming in the ocean, and watching movies in my spare time.  

After finishing my freshman year at Princeton, EWB is the organization that I have become most heavily involved in. My focus and most important contribution to the team this year was securing funding for the project and leading the Grants Subteam in the writing and completion of applications for funding opportunities. I learned a lot about grants and the project in the process. This spring, I was so honored to have been chosen travel this summer with three other amazing members of the project. I’m very excited to interact with the community that our potential project will serve as well as have a direct impact on the development of the project’s design and implementation strategy. After prepping with the other members of the travel team the past few months, I think we’re going to have a fantastic trip!  

Blog: 

Tags: 

Add new comment