Introductions: Abdulai Fofanah (team mentor, engineering expert, and cultural guide extraodinare)

I am a Principal Engineer with over 14 years of water resources engineering experience. I currently work for the Louis Berger Group (LBG) where I have been employed since 2001. Before joining LBG, I worked as a Regional Manager/Engineer for the Sierra Leone Water Company in Sierra Leone which is my country of birth. I received my B.S. in Civil Engineering from the University of Sierra Leone in 1996 and my M.S. in Water Resources Engineering from the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in 2000. I am a registered Professional Engineer in the states of NJ, NY, CT and DE. In 2009, the American Academy of Water Resources Engineers awarded me the Certificate of Special Knowledge, which authorized me to use the title of Diplomate, Water Resources Engineer (D.WRE). I am also a Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM). My primary areas of expertise are in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling; water resources assessment, water supply and sewer system design; water quality analysis; stream restoration design; wetland design; water budget modeling; retention and detention pond design; watershed modeling; roadway drainage design; numerical/analytical and wave/coastal processes modeling; hydropower headwater analysis; and environmental impact assessment studies. My hobbies include reading and travelling.

Blog: 

Tags: 

Add new comment